BCL has a team of auditors who can provide external Certificate of Recognition (COR) Audits for several Certifying Partners.
For employers involved in the Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR) program, an external audit of your Health and Safety Management System is required to achieve and maintain a COR. Once you have obtained your COR, you will be eligible to earn rebates associated with the PIR program.
We believe that a partnership approach is an essential component of the audit process. To our clients this means:
- A highly focused, action oriented and cost effective review
- Value in terms of discussing realistic and attainable recommendations that serve to reduce losses.
- Benefiting from our ability to listen and bring objective solutions to address the issues.
- BCL will act as an ongoing Occupational Health and Safety resource available to you following the audit.
BCL also strives to put your employees at ease during the audit process, assisting them to understand how invaluable their participation is, that there are no right or wrong answers and that their confidentiality will be maintained.
BCL can also review peer audits or audits from other certifying partners to assist you in developing an action plan and to determine if all recommendations have been met. If not, we can work with you to implement the necessary changes to ensure you are meeting the pre-determined standard, and to prepare you for your next audit.
Many organizations are interested in participating in the WCB’s Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR) program to achieve a Certificate of Recognition (COR), and to be eligible for the financial incentives available. Other organizations are already participating in the program, but have lost key personnel and are not sure where they stand in terms of meeting the requirements to retain or renew their COR.
Through our Gap Analysis, BCL provides organizations with formal program reviews, comparing the client’s current health and safety management system to COR protocol requirements. The review will:
- Assess your current health and safety management system
- Evaluate current hazard assessment and control documentation
- Identify areas in the current health and safety management system requiring improvement
A detailed report will be provided comparing your organization to the requirements of the Certificate of Recognition audit tool. The report will outline our findings and will illustrate areas of your health and safety management system in need of improvement. Recommendations for the necessary changes will also be included.
This analysis is especially beneficial to determine if an organization is ready to undergo a COR Audit.